Clarksville, ranked No. 5 in Class 2-A, survived a slow start and then pulled away from host Eastern Pekin 48-36 in boys' basketball Saturday night.
The Generals (5-0) got half of their offense from sophomore Calvin McEwen, who scored a career-high 24 points as he hit 5 of 6 3-pointers and 9 of 10 from the free-throw line.
Eastern slipped to 1-4.
Clarksville trailed 10-8 after the first quarter and took control with a 13-5 scoring advantage in the second period.
"They were very, very patient on offense," Clarksville coach Jason Connell said. "We won on the road by 12, and I think any team will take that."
* New Albany 62, Corydon 48: Anthony Edwards led the way with 16 points and 11 rebounds as the host Bulldogs (2-2) overcame the Panthers (2-1).
"We really played an excellent game," said New Albany coach Jim Shannon. "He (Edwards) did a nice job on (Bronson) Kessinger."
Brayden Lander paced Corydon with 16 points, while Kessinger was held to just eight.
* Jeffersonville 80, Madison 54: The visiting Red Devils (3-0, 2-0 Hoosier Hills) had 20 points from Keenan Williams and 19 from Darryl Baker to throttle the Cubs (2-3, 0-2).
"We played very unselfish and everybody's buying in on defense," Jeffersonville coach Chad Gilbert said of his team, which raced to 26-14 first-quarter and 43-20 halftime leads. Landon Terry scored a game-high 22 points for Madison.
* Mitchell 53, Salem 36: The Bluejackets (1-3) held the Lions (0-4) to 10 first-half points en route to their first win of the season.
Alex Speer scored a game-high 20 points for Mitchell.
Zane Jackson led the way for Salem with 14 points.
* Providence 70, Scottsburg 41: The Pioneers (4-0) had four players score in double figures in a rout of the Warriors (1-4).
Dalton Duley knocked down four 3-pointers and scored a game-high 16 points to lead the way for Providence.
Malik Gross put in 12 points to pace Scottsburg.
* Borden 84, Crothersville 47: Jalen McCoy had 18 points and Josh Vollstedt added 15 as the visiting Braves (5-0, 3-0 Southern Athletic) decked the Tigers (2-4, 0-1).
Crothersville was led Gene Hodge's 26 points.
* South Central 74, Tell City 54: The Rebels (3-2) jumped out to a 45-22 halftime lead and never looked back, as they crushed the Marksmen (0-5).
Bobby Sampson poured in a game-high 25 points for South Central and Jason Boston added 14. Zack Goodwin put in 10 points and dished out seven assists for the winners.
Brian Arnold knocked down six 3-pointers and scored 20 points for Tell City.
* Lanesville 94, Medora 37: The host Eagles (2-3) forced 30 turnovers, came up with 22 steals and smothered the Hornets (0-3).
Kevin Zollman led Lanesville with 18 points; Matt Husband had 15 and Justin Miller 14. Kirk Stewart led Medora with 12 points, hitting four 3-pointers.