* Darian Banks, Gallatin, Sr., TB/DB
* Corey DeBoe, Gallatin, Sr., DE
* Chad Dye, Hendersonville, Sr., TE
* Jalen Hurd, Beech, Jr., RB
* Michael Khoury, Mt. Juliet, Jr., TE
* Josh Malone, Station Camp, Sr., WR/DB
* Contrez McCathern, Mt. Juliet, Sr., FB
* Garrett Moore, Portland Sr., OL/DL
* Chris Osier, Lebanon, Jr., OL
* Jordan Roundtree, Wilson Central, Jr., QB
* Gabe Angel, Wilson Central, Fr., RB
* Nolan Chowbay, Mt. Juliet, So., QB
* Travis Pryor, Gallatin, Sr., DT
* Beech at Mt. Juliet, Sept. 14
* Gallatin at Hendersonville, Oct. 5
* Mt. Juliet at Hendersonville, Oct. 19
Quarterback change: After starting for much of his sophomore year at quarterback for Gallatin and earning all-district honors, Clay Carnes was forced to give up the sport following his diagnosis with thoracic outlet syndrome. The disorder involves a compression of blood vessels and nerves between two ribs in the upper chest. He is playing golf. Seniors Morgan Campbell and Marcus Williams are options as Carnes' replacement.
Key to the Wing-T: A hard-nosed fullback plays a vital role in the Wing-T offense. Mt. Juliet has that covered with senior Contrez McCathern, a 5-9, 195-pound senior who was district offensive player of the year after rushing for 1,410 yards and 16 touchdowns while averaging 12 yards per carry. McCathern isn't just a bruiser, though, as shown by his 95-yard, fourth-quarter scoring run against Gallatin.
Check his ID: Don't be fooled by Kyle Anderton's stature. Despite standing 6-4 and weighing 240 pounds, the Station Camp quarterback is just a sophomore. "He looks like a grown man, but he's just a kid," Bison Coach Shaun Hollinsworth said of Anderton, who is a pocket passer. "I think he's feeling the pressure of stepping in at such a young age, but I think he's got the capability and the leadership ability to step in and help our team move the football."
1. Mt. Juliet (6A)
2. Hendersonville (5A)
3. Beech (5A)
4. Gallatin (5A)
5. Station Camp (5A)
6. Wilson Central (6A)
7. Lebanon (6A)
8. Portland (5A)
Playoff class in parentheses.