Over the next week, we're counting down the Top 30 American Family Insurance ALL-USA athletes -- across all sports -- of all-time. These athletes were named ALL-USA in high school and continued their strong athletic careers to the professional or Olympic level.
20. Katrina McClain Johnson, St. Andrew's (Charleston, S.C.), 1983, Basketball
Two-time All-American at Georgia was also a two-time Olympic gold medalist in women's basketball. Is in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Played professionally overseas and in the ABL, the precursor to the WNBA.
19. Sanya Richards Ross, St. Thomas Aquinas (Ft. Lauderdale, 2002, Track
Four-time Olympic gold medalist specializing in the 400 meters.
18. Joe Mauer, Cretin-Derham Hall (St. Paul, Minn.), 2001, Baseball
Six-time All-Star catcher.
17. Katie Smith, Logan (Ohio), 1992, Basketball
All-time leading scorer in women's professional basketball.
16. Josh Hamilton, Athens Drive (Raleigh, N.C.), 1999, Baseball
Five-time All-Star outfielder.
15. Jason Kidd, St. Joseph Notre Dame (Alameda, Calif.), 1992, Basketball
Brooklyn Nets coach was a 10-time NBA All-Star.
14. Matt Holliday, Stillwater (Okla.), 1998, Baseball
Six-time All-Star outfielder.
13. Jeremy Wariner, Lamar (Arlington, Texas), 2002, Track
Three-time Olympic gold medalist in 400 meters and 400-meter relay.
12. Vince Carter, Mainland (Daytona Beach, Fla.), 1995, Basketball
Eight-time All-Star shooting guard.
11. Kevin Garnett, Farragut Academy (Chicago), 1995, Basketball
Forward was named an NBA All-Star 15 times.