We've been counting down the Top 30 American Family Insurance ALL-USA athletes -- across all sports -- of all-time. These athletes were named ALL-USA in high school and continued their strong athletic careers to the professional or Olympic level. Today: The Top 10.
10. Derrick Brooks, Washington (Pensacola, Fla.), 1990, Football
Linebacker made it to 11 Pro Bowls and never missed an NFL game.
9. Tamika Catchings, Duncanville (Texas), 1997, Basketball
Forward has won three Olympic gold medals and is the WNBA's All-time steals leader.
8. Allyson Felix, Los Angeles Baptist (North Hills, Calif.), 2003, Track
Four-time Olympic gold-medal sprinter.
7. Randy Moss, DuPont (Belle, W.Va.), 1994, Football
Holds NFL record for most touchdown catches in a season.
6. Thurman Thomas, Willowridge (Houston), 1983, Football
Running back made five consecutive Pro Bowls.
5. Lisa Leslie, Morningside (Inglewood, Calif.), 1990, Basketball
Center won four Olympic gold medals and three WNBA MVP awards.
4. LeBron James, St. Vincent-St. Mary (Akron, Ohio), 2003
Forward is a four-time NBA MVP and two-time NBA champion.
3. Derek Jeter, Kalamazoo (Mich.) Central, 1992, Baseball
Infielder has played in more postseason games than anyone.
2. Kobe Bryant, Lower Merion (Ardmore, Pa.), 1996, Basketball
Guard has won five NBA titles and scored 81 points in a game.
1. Emmitt Smith, Escambia (Pensacola, Fla.), 1986, Football
NFL's all-time leading rusher.